The Pipe Organs
First Church is blessed to be one of the few churches in North America with two world-class organs, totaling more than 8,100 pipes.
The Gallery organ was built by Rudolf von Beckerath, of Hamburg, Germany in 1972. It has 47 stops, 73 ranks, 3,719 pipes, mechanical key action and electric stop action. It is an extremely versatile instrument capable of playing organ music from many different musical eras.
The Martin-MacNevin Memorial Organ was built by W. W. Kimball, Chicago, Illinois in 1931. It has 66 stops, 66 ranks, 4,407 pipes, and electropneumatic key and stop action. This magnificent four-manual symphonic organ was rededicated September 26, 2004, after a four-year restoration effort led by the Peebles-Herzog Company of Columbus and funded by Jean MacNevin, in honor of her husband Bill.
Hear the Widor Toccata played on the Kimball organ by Kevin Jones. Click here.